Monday 14 May 2012

Student to Speaker in the blink of an eye

After hot footing it back from Les’s place it was a quick car dump and re-load as I was “booked” to do a talk on Accents and Show preparation at the Maidstone Club.  Fortunately I didn’t need to worry about eating as I was still feeling quite full from the stew that I’d had earlier and this was a godsend as my feet hardly touched the ground when I got home.


Realistically, what I know about Accents plants can be written on the head of a pin so the plan of attack for the evening was to try and look like I know what I’m talking about & blag it!  I managed to get quite a bit of set-up done before too many members arrived but then it was a bit manic catching up with people etc.  As the May meeting had to be changed to a Friday because of the Bank Holiday I wasn’t too sure on numbers but I was pleased with the attendance.  Mind you, some things don’t change with Les “moaning” that I hadn’t made him a coffee after all the cups of tea he had made for me.  Blooming cheek, I made him one at the previous meeting and he didn’t even drink it.  OK, he was in the Wirral at the time, but I didn’t forget him!


Close up of one of my Primulas
Wild Strawberry flowers
Well the result was a very interactive and fun meeting which seemed to be enjoyed by all.  I don’t know if they will ever invite me back again although I did get 1 commission planting to make for CKB so I must have impressed at least someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment