Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year to One & All!

I would like to wish all the people that take have taken to the time to read my Blog over the last year (OK, Andy P & Ian Y!). 2011 was a very difficult year and although it had some highs (including the launch of SUTEKI Accent pots) it did unfortunately have some very low points. Although I’m not saying that due to a change in digit things will suddenly be OK, I am approaching the New Year with a sense of optimism. 

Even though I’m unable to attend Noelanders this year there are plenty of things on the horizon. Thanks to the generosity of Andy P (aka Stone Monkey Ceramics) and the Swindon Club I will be selling my pots at this excellent Show along with exhibiting a small Shohin display. In March it will be my annual trip to the BSA Show at Willowbog to hopefully show a couple of compositions followed by my first ever Bonsai Club talk at the Middlesex Club later in the month. Add this to the organisation of the Celebrating Kent Bonsai Show in May I’m gunna be a busy boy!

It’s not all Bonsai though. I’m in the process of producing an exciting model car montage that I hope to have completed in time for the British GP (notice I didn’t say which year!) and I will post my progress as I go. As you may be aware I love my motorsport and have also been lucky enough to make some models for current F1 driver Mark Webber and below is the group of figures that I made for him last Christmas. Each of the figures is no larger than a matchbox and hand painted. Quite a few hours work but well worth it – well, it made Mark’s New Years Eve when I prestented it to him last year!


Well that’s me for now, just gunna kick back and listen to some Jaguar Skills and polish of this bottle of Merlot. Best wishes to one and all and let’s hope that I keep the Blog a bit more up to date than last year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment