Monday 14 May 2012

A day with Trev & the Cyclops

On Friday I was lucky enough to have a fantastic “Bonsai day” with Trev’n’Cyclops (aka Peter Warren & Les Storey) in sunny Ashford.  Les had invited Peter along to help him with preparation of his trees for Celebrating Kent Bonsai at the end of the month and I was kindly invited along.  As is the norm when I’m working I didn’t take too many photos (even though I intended to) but here’s a few of the benches and the boys getting stuck in.

With Peter doing most of the work, Les put his Issac Hayes* hat on and treated us to Bacon Butties and a fantastic Beef Stew with cobblers – that’s the dumplings, not Les’s banter! – and lashings of tea throughout the day (more on that later). Unfortunately the day passed too quickly and for me it was time to disappear, do a Wonder Woman twirl (not a pretty site!) and prepare for the evening’s entertainment.

Overall I did manage to learn a hell of a lot, either working on the 3 trees of my own that I took along or the various trees that Trev worked on.  Thanks again Les and Peter for a fun day!

(*check out South Park)

No comments:

Post a Comment