Wednesday 26 February 2014

Swindon Winter Image 2014

Sunday saw my first Bonsai “Play Day” of the year and what a great affair it was. Due to my fellow Shitenian Les being on the physios table* I travelled down with the new MBS Chairman Jose aka Sam. We had a great journey down (mainly as I’d band his Sat-Nav) and he told me about his hopes and expectations for the future of the Club and himself.  Totally honest in his best "Spainglish" his humour and passion are addictive.  Seems like the folks at Maidstone have a great guy in charge, unlike the last one! 
  
2 hours, and no detours, later we arrived and instantly bumped into some Maidstone Club members as well as many of my Bonsai Buds and easily slipped into Bonsai Mode. I don’t really see much point in hosting any pictures of the Show ‘cos (a) I didn’t take a camera and (b) there are plenty of really good ones out there already. For a direct link check out Uncle Fester’s Blog site (aka Dangerous Bry Blog) who has taken some cracking photos and is also an all-round good egg – sorry mate, couldn’t resist! Sam and I both had a plan re purchases and I think that we both kept to budget. I must share this little beauty with you though. I brought this pot from my great chum Dave Sampson and although it is damaged it is a little gem made by Youho (I understand that they also make glue!). 

If this pot had been “mint” I could never have afforded it in a month of Sundays but Dave did me a truly huge favour as it is exactly the size I needed but he still managed to keep it within budget – cheer bud! 



So there you have it, first jolly of the year and one to be remembered. My thanks must go to Paul and all the organisers of this first class Show – you did it again guys!



Finally I must say how WONDERFUL it was to see Big Steve and Dougie Mudd after their recent traumas. Two of the nicer guys and stalwarts of the British UK scene if ever there were, and it was good to see you guys looking so well. Tough breed this Bonsai lot! 

*Get well soon mate, we’ve got Willowbog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment