Wednesday 24 October 2012

Best Foot Forward!

They say that time seems to speed up as you get older and this seems to be the case for me.  The Blog has taken a back seat recently due to family commitments (school visits for Wednesday, holidays etc) but I didn’t realise that it had been that long!  Time to make amends me thinks.
When you start a new journey the learning curve can be very steep and this was the case with SUTEKI Accent pots.  This year for the business has been fantastic, for a number of reasons, but I now find myself at a crossroads in my “mudslinging” adventure.  Although I’m no spring chicken, in pottery terms I’m just out of nappies but this doesn’t stop me aspiring to something better.  They say that “children are the future” and I hope that I will be part of this.  Gone are the days of throwing glazes at my pots to see what sticks (well sort of!) as I feel I need to find a more measured approach to the art as my inspiration and imagination may be boundless, my pockets are not as deep as my dreams.  Deep stuff for a wee little froggie eh?
I did had a minor “eureka” moment at Willowbog earlier in the year in understanding what the end user looks for in a good pot which lead me to try and “lift” the pot base from the deck.  Foot designs is now taking up a lot of my mental capacity and as my understanding of clay and the improvements in my (primitive) techniques have allowed me to explore more avenues.  I am hoping that my next release of pots will lift them to the next level of refinement and appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment